We've Got Updates
Got a few injury updates for everybody:
- Left-hander J.A. Happ, who has a strained intercostal muscle, said he thinks he is better than 50-50 to make his next scheduled start Friday against the Braves in Atlanta. Phillies manager Charlie Manuel said Happ is about 50-50.
- Left-hander Scott Eyre said he hopes to receive a cortisone injection into his left elbow today or tomorrow so he can return to the mound in the next few days. Eyre has a “loose body” in the elbow. He described it as a bone chip still attached to the muscle or cartilage. Eyre said he will try to pitch through the pain the remainder of the season.
- Left-hander J.C. Romero, who had a cortisone injection in his left elbow Tuesday, said he hopes to rejoin the team possibly as early as next Friday in Atlanta.
- Right-hander Clay Condrey will make a rehab appearance tomorrow for Double A Reading. He could be activated Sunday.
- Greg Dobbs, who has a strained calf, is running in Clearwater. We don’t have much more on him than that.