In the Year 2010
Let’s take a short break from 2009 to take a look at the 2010 Phillies schedule, which Major League Baseball released today:
- The Phillies open their season April 5 in Washington.
- They play their home opener April 12 against the Nationals.
- They host the Boston Red Sox from May 21-23. They play the Red Sox and New York Yankees on the road June 11-17. They host the Minnesota Twins and Cleveland Indians at Citizens Bank Park from June 18-24 before playing the Blue Jays in Toronto from June 25-27.
- The Phillies have 10-game homestands April 30-May 9 against the New York Mets, St. Louis Cardinals and Atlanta Braves and Aug. 17-26 against the San Francisco Giants, Nationals and Houston Astros.
- They play 15 of 22 games on the road in April.
- They play their final 24 games against the National League East. They have a nine-game homestand against the Nationals, Braves and Mets from Sept. 17-26 before finishing the season with a six-game road trip against the Nationals and Braves from Sept. 27-Oct. 3.