Baby, It's Cold Outside
If it is warmer than last night, it’s probably by only a few degress.
It’s still really, really cold outside.
Here’s a few things from before Game 3:
- Cole Hamels is working out in Philadelphia in preparation for a potential Game 5 start. “He’ll be ready to pitch,” Charlie Manuel said. “That’s no problem.”
- Manuel is keeping Jayson Werth in between Ryan Howard and Raul Ibanez in the Phillies lineup. “(Franklin) Morales is a hard thrower,” Manuel said. “And when he comes in to pitch and yo’uve got three left-handed hitters standing there and he’s throwing in the upper 90s … if he’s in a groove, I like to offset those with at least one right-handed hitter, and that’s Werth.”
- Manuel said Chan Ho Park would have a good chance to pitch in the NLCS, if the Phillies get that far.
- On hearing there are heaters in the Colorado dugout, Manuel said, “Rockies got ’em, we better have ’em.”
- On Brad Lidge‘s role in the bullpen, Manuel said, “I don’t foresee putting Brad Lidge in early. I do foresee putting him in late. That’s one of the reason why we’ve got Blanton down there, too. We want somebody when we get to the seventh inning, we want to be able to go through the seventh, eighth, ninth innings with Blanton, (Ryan) Madson and Lidge. Might not be in that order, but you won’t see hin in the seventh.”