When It Rains, Cliff Lee Throws Seven Scoreless
The Phillies have lost 8 of 12, and it has not been pretty.
-The Phillies have hit just .214 with an anemic .595 on-base-plus-slugging percentage in the last 12 games, in which they have averaged just 3.2 runs.
- They have hit just .188 with runners in scoring position.
- They have hit just one home run with a runner on base since April 14.
- Phillies starters have just seven quality starts this season, which ranks second-to-last in baseball behind only the Pittsburgh Pirates, who have four. Roy Halladay, who pitches this afternoon against the Mets, has four of them.
- Phillies starters are 9-6 with a 4.17 ERA, but starters not named Halladay have a combined 5.19 ERA.
- Philadelphia relievers are 3-4 with a 4.70 ERA and five saves in nine opportunities.
- Just when they thought they could assemble their bullpen the way they would like with Brad Lidge rejoining the team, Ryan Madson lands on the DL after kicking a chair and breaking his right big toe Wednesday in San Francisco.
- Charlie Manuel is concerned about the lack of hustle he has seen lately. Shane Victorino didn’t run to first base after Rod Barajas dropped a third strike in the fifth inning. Manuel has two rules: Be on time and hustle. And hustle is one thing a team can control when everything else is going poorly.
I’ll be signing copies of my book from 2 – 3 p.m. today on the Main Concourse behind Section 111 at Citizens Bank Park.