Phillies Looking to Sweep Marlins
The Phillies have won 11 of 13 to move within two games of the Braves in the NL East after being seven back on July 22.
A few stats to chew on:
- The Phillies are averaging 5.46 runs per game since July 21, which ranks second in the NL. Houston is first with 5.92 runs per game. Who knew J.A. Happ could hit, too?
- The Phillies lead the league in batting (.300), on-base percentage (.372) and extra-base hits (47). They rank second in slugging pecentage (.460) and stolen bases (12).
- They lead the league with a 2.74 ERA.
- Raul Ibanez‘s 1.216 on-base-plus-slugging percentage is fifth in the league. He ranks fourth in the league with 12 RBIs.
- Jayson Werth‘s 1.090 OPS is eighth.
- Carlos Ruiz‘s 1.005 OPS is 14th. He is 12th with 10 RBIs.
Roy Oswalt gets his second shot in a Phillies uniform tonight. I would be things go better for him than in Washington.
The Phillies picked up Mike Sweeney in a trade yesterday with the Mariners for a player to be named later or cash. A low risk move for the Phillies. If Sweeney can give the Phillies two good weeks, it will pay off.