A Historic Road Trip
Just a few things before I catch the red eye to Philly at LAX:
– The Phillies went 9-1 on their road trip through Colorado, San Francisco and Los Angeles. It is their best 10-game road trip in franchise history. The Phillies went 7-0 against the Pirates and Mets on July 11-15, 1968, and 6-0 against the Boston Braves and New York Giants on April 14-21, 1915, for the best road trips in franchise history based on winning percentage.
– The Phillies enjoyed their biggest comeback victory of the season, and biggest since Aug. 12, 2010, when they overcame a 9-2 deficit to beat the Dodgers at Citizens Bank Park.
– The Phillies have scored 186 runs since the end of June, which leads the National League. They are averaging 5.31 runs per game in that stretch, which are 0.43 runs per game more than the St. Louis Cardinals, who rank second in the league.
– The Phillies are 22-11 in one-run games.
– It was the Phillies’ first sweep against the Dodgers since Aug. 22-25, 2008, at Citizens Bank Park.
– It was the Phillies’ first sweep in LA since June 9-11, 1995.
– Sadly, I missed out on In-N-Out this trip. Next time, I promise.