The Phillies provided the following medical updates today:
- Ryan Howard (ruptured left Achilles) had his stitches removed Oct. 25 and has progressed to partial weight bearing. He has begun a rehabilitation program in Philadelphia.
- Placido Polanco (sports hernia) had a follow-up exam with William Meyers on Oct. 26 and is continuing his rehabilitation in Miami.
- Cole Hamels had stitches removed from his left elbow (loose bodies) on Oct. 27 and is continuing his rehabilitation program in Philadelphia. He had a follow-up exam for his hernia surgery today with Ernest Rosato and has been
cleared to progress back to his off-season program as tolerated.
- Hunter Pence (sports hernia) continues his rehabilitation program in Philadelphia. He will have a follow-up appointment with Dr. Meyers next week.
- Jose Contreras (right forearm strain) was seen by Michael Ciccotti on Oct. 20 and will begin isometric forearm
strengthening next week. He is on track to progress to regular strengthening in the beginning of December and initiate throwing at the beginning of January.
- Ross Gload (hip) was evaluated by Bryan Kelly in New York on Oct. 18. Kelly did not feel an arthroscopic procedure was warranted at this time. Gload was set up with an off-season rehabilitation program.