Pitching Schedule: March 1-6
Coming to Florida for spring training?
Here is the Phillies’ pitching schedule from Friday through Wednesday:
- Friday @ NYY: Roy Halladay, Rodrigo Lopez, Jonathan Papelbon, Phillippe Aumont and Raul Valdes.
- Saturday @ TOR: Cliff Lee, Tyler Cloyd, Mike Stutes and Chad Durbin.
- Sunday @ BAL (split squad): Kyle Kendrick, Justin De Fratus, Jake Diekman and B.J. Rosenberg.
- Sunday vs. TOR (split squad): Aaron Cook, Zach Miner, Jeremy Horst and Antonio Bastardo.
- Monday @ PIT: John Lannan, Adam Morgan, Valdes and Mike Adams.
- Tuesday vs. Dominican Republic: Cole Hamels, Papelbon, Ethan Martin and Jonathan Pettibone.
- Wednesday vs. WAS: Halladay, Stutes, Bastardo, De Fratus, Diekman and Durbin.
Note: This spring I’ve been getting more and more e-mails and tweets from Phillies fans wondering about the daily lineups. Why isn’t Jimmy Rollins starting? Why isn’t Darin Ruf in the field every day? Why is this guy starting and that guy not starting? Relax, everybody. It’s spring training. The everyday players don’t play every day. Not starting a game or two in the outfield is not going to derail Domonic Brown‘s progress. And with an extra week’s worth of games because of the World Baseball Classic there is plenty of time for everybody to play.