Results tagged ‘ Angel Chavez ’
The Blue Jays didn’t trade him. It appears Toronto general manager J.P. Ricciardi overplayed his hand before today’s non-waiver trade deadline. He would not budge from his asking price, and because he didn’t budge he will get less for Halladay in the offseason than he would have gotten today.
The Phillies seem to have done a nice job. They got one of just four starting pitchers traded before the deadline — Ian Snell also got traded — without giving up three of their top prospects: Kyle Drabek, Dominic Brown and Michael Taylor. That’s not bad work.
Let’s take a look at the mid-season trades the Phillies have made since they traded Bobby Abreu, Cory Lidle, Rheal Cormier, Ryan Franklin, David Bell and Sal Fasano during their 2006 fire sale. These trades include trades made before the July 31 non-waiver trade deadline and before the Aug. 31 waiver trade deadline.
- Cliff Lee and Ben Francisco from the Indians for Carlos Carrasco, Jason Donald, Lou Marson and Jason Knapp to the Indians.
- Joe Blanton from the Athletics for Adrian Cardenas, Josh Outman and Matt Spencer.
- Scott Eyre from the Cubs for right-hander Brian Schlitter.
- Matt Stairs from the Blue Jays for left-hander Fabio Castro.
- Russell Braynan from the Indians for cash.
- Julio Mateo from the Mariners for Jesus Merchan.
- Kyle Lohse from the Reds for Matt Maloney.
- Tadahito Iguchi from the White Sox for Michael Dubee.
- Jeff Conine from the Orioles for Angel Chavez.
- Jose Hernandez from the Pirates for cash.
- Jamie Moyer from the Mariners for Andrew Baldwin and Andrew Barb.
The Phillies got Stairs, Eyre, Iguchi, Braynan, Moyer, Conine and Hernandez after the July 31 deadline. I mention that only because the Phillies still could make a move this season. If they do, I’m guessing it would be a utility player.