Results tagged ‘ music ’
Jose Contreras will hear Jay-Z‘s “Dirt Off Your Shoulder” when he enters games in save situations at Citizens Bank Park. He chose the song earlier this week. He heard some KC & the Sunshine Band last Friday.
This is much better.
Jimmy Rollins will be featured on HBO’s Real Sports on April 19 at 10 p.m.
The Phillies have not played since Sunday in Cincinnati. They will not play again until Saturday at Citizens Bank Park.
It’s been a long time between games. Every angle has been covered. Every question has been asked. I mean, every question has been asked. Countless times. So I thought we’d take a break from the Halladay vs. Lincecum stuff — it’s turning into a monster truck commercial (One night only! Saturday Saturday! Saturday!) — and just listen to some music.
If you ever wondered what music the Phillies use when they walk up to the batter’s box or warm up before pitching, here they are (as of Oct. 5):
- Domonic Brown: Ready To Rumble – Mystikal
- Greg Dobbs: Stinkfist – Tool
- Ben Francisco: A Star Is Born – Jay-Z and Ha Ha (Slow Down Son) – Fat Joe
- Ross Gload: Welcome Home (Sanitarium) – Metallica
- Ryan Howard: Blow Up – J Cole and Hard In Da Paint – Waka Flocka Flame
- Raul Ibanez: Exhibit C – Jay Electronica, Follow The Leader – Eric B & Rakim and Survival Skills – KRS-One
- Roy Oswalt: Whistling Dixie – Randy Houser
- Placido Polanco: I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho) – Pitbull
- Jimmy Rollins: Fancy – Drake
- Carlos Ruiz: In The Air Tonight – Phil Collins
- Brian Schneider: In The Air Tonight – Phil Collins and Use Somebody – Kings of Leon
- Mike Sweeney: Lose My Soul – tobyMac
- Chase Utley: Kashmir – Led Zeppelin
- Shane Victorino: Buffalo Soldier – Bob Marley
- Jayson Werth: The Catalyst – Linkin Park and Right Above It – Lil Wayne
- Wilson Valdez: La La La – Vakero
I’m into intro music. I’m not sure why, but I tend to notice when the Phillies change their intro music, etc. So I noticed Wednesday that the Phillies did not play Brad Lidge‘s intro music until after he left the bullpen, ran to the mound, got the ball from Charlie Manuel and started his warm ups.
Then – finally – we heard Drowning Pool’s Soldiers.
Before that? The Phillies had a bobblehead race on Phanavision, which featured some carnival-like music. Huh?
Lidge noticed, too.
“I was coming in to some circus music,” Lidge said. “That’s about right.”
Ryan Howard got a few “Watch Out, Bro” t-shirts yesterday. Watch Out, Bro?
Gary Matthews‘ hat collection is available at the Majestic Clubhouse Store, but I told him yesterday that I could not pull off the Sarge hat look. I just don’t think I have the cool factor to do it. Sarge assured me that I did, which I thought was nice of him to say.
But then I remembered he’s trying to sell hats. Why I oughta (shaking my fist in the air) …