Results tagged ‘ Roman Quinn ’
Well, a few prospects are off to good starts. Here is a look:
Triple-A Lehigh Valley
- 3B Maikel Franco: He is hitting .323 (10-for-31) with five doubles, one triple, one home run, seven RBIs and a 1.045 OPS in seven games. Remember, he is unlikely to be promoted until mid to late May for the same reason the Cubs just promoted Kris Bryant to the big leagues: team control for an extra season. So, please, hold the, “I CANNOT BELIEVE THEY AREN’T CALLING UP FRANCO RIGHT THIS SECOND!” fits.
- CF Roman Quinn: He is hitting .478 (11-for-23) with two doubles, two triples, one home run, three RBIs, four stolen bases and a 1.408 OPS through six games.
- P Zach Eflin, Tom Windle and Jesse Biddle: Each pitched well in their first start of the season.
Class A Clearwater
- C Andrew Knapp: He is hitting .343 (12-for-35) with two doubles, one triple, four RBIs and an .808 OPS.
- P Matt Imhoff: is 1-1 with a 1.80 ERA after two starts.
Class A Lakewood
- CF Carlos Tocci: He is hitting .387 (12-for-31) with two doubles, one home run, eight RBIs and a 1.021 OPS.
The Phillies have agreed to terms with top draft pick Larry Greene.
MLB.com confirmed he received a $1 million signing bonus. The agreement came late last night.
Greene, 18, hit .562 with 11 doubles, one triple, 19 home runs, 52 RBIs, 58 runs scored and 13 stolen bases this season for Berrien County High School in Nashville, Ga. Greene, an outfielder listed at 6-foot-1 and 225 pounds, earned a football scholarship to Alabama.
Second-round pick Roman Quinn remains unsigned, but the Phillies are hopeful they can reach an agreement with the shortstop before tonight’s midnight deadline.