Results tagged ‘ Scott Nestor ’
I’m eager to see what kind of crowd is at Bright House Field tomorrow.
Here are a couple pregame notes from McKechnie Field:
– John Daly joined the Phillies yesterday during their annual golf outing.
– Pedro Feliz said in Clearwater that he feels good, but isn’t sure when he will start swinging a bat.
– Ruben Amaro Jr. said it’s “not out of the realm of possibility” the Phillies could keep three catchers on their 25-man roster as they try to figure out how badly they need another righthanded bat for their bench. Amaro wouldn’t say the possibilities for Nomar Garciaparra are dead, but he said “if I were to handicap this thing I would say less than 50 percent.” And lefthanded relievers like Joe Beimel and Will Ohman? “Still open,” Amaro said. “But nothing has changed there.” Amaro said a few days ago those relievers would have to accept a very modest salary (i.e. less than $1 million) to join the Phillies.
– Raul Ibanez knocked in Jimmy Rollins from second base with a single to left-center field with two outs in the third inning to give the Phillies a 1-0 lead.
– Jamie Moyer threw two scoreless innings. He allowed one hit and two walks, and struck out one. Joe Blanton has started the bottom of the third.
– What did I miss? The clubhouse is open during spring training games, which means I was in the clubhouse talking with Moyer when the Pirates scored four runs in the fourth inning and three runs in the fifth inning. Joe Bisenius allowed four runs and Scott Nestor allowed three runs each in an inning.
– John Mayberry knocked in a run with a single to left in the ninth.
– Phillies lose, 8-2. Jeremy Slayden went 2 for 2. Dave Borkowski, Jake Woods and Mike Koplove each threw a scoreless inning.
(Yes, I took that crummy picture from the press box.)